All you want to Know How to do Umrah
The meaning of “Umrah” is “TO VISIT”.The achievement of Umrah at least once in a lifetime is Sunnah. The Umrah performed during the blessed month of Ramadaan supercedes that Umrah completed in other days. Bukhari Shareef states that Umrah in Ramadaan is equal to Hajj.
- Take bath and Put an Ehram before crossing the Meequat boundary.
(People doing Umrah from UK, Pakistan and Bangladesh should wear Ehram From their home or Airport of their respective countries. If you reach Jeddah Airport Without wearing an Ehram a DAM (Penalty) will be Wajib, Dam means you will have to give Qurbaani of a Goat within Haram Boundary)
- Males to perform 2 Rakaats Sunnah by covering head with the upper cloth sheet after wearing Ehram.
- After Salaam, males to uncover head say Niyyah of Umrah follwed by Talbiah thrice.
- Continue to read Talbiah and then till you come opposite to Hajar-e-Aswad.
- Proceed to Makkah-e-Mukarramah (City) and enter Masjid-e-Haram preferably through Babus-Salam.
- Come opposite to Hajar-e-Aswad and stop Talbiah.
- Perform whole Tawaaf (7 times) with izh-tibaa and do Ramal in first 3 rounds of Tawaaf
with a total of 8 Istilaams.
- Perform 2 Rakaats Wajibut-Tawaaf better behind Maquam-e-Ibrahim; otherwise any where
- Go to Multazzam if possible and then drink Zam-Zam water by facing towards Kaabah
- Go to Safa and there commence Sa’ee by making 7 trips betwen Safa and Marwah
(Staring with Safa and ending on Marwah).
- Shave or trim the hair of the head.
- Perform 2 Rakaats Nafl in Masjid-e-Haram.
- Umrah is complete remove Ehram, take bath, put on normal clothes.
Be free from all Ehram restrictions.
- Ehram: 2 white cloth pieces unsewen, particularly only for males.
- Babu-Salam: one of the entrance.
- Izh-tibaa: One has to take one portion of Ehram’s upper cloth sheet below right
armpit and put it upon left shoulder in such a way that both the portions of Ehram’s
upper sheet come upon left shoulder and right hand’s arm and shoulder remaining fully
- Ramal: Sunnah for males only in which one has to walk hastily, taking short steps and
chest out with moving shoulder simultaneously.
- Istilam: To place both palms on the Hajar-e-Aswad and kiss the Hajar between 2 palms.
- Hajar-e-Aswad: A black stone fixed in the wall of Kaabah and by kissing it or doing
Istilaam, the Tawaf commences and also terminates there only.
- Maquam-e-Ibrahim: Footsteps of Hazrath Ibrahim (AlaisSalam).
- Mas’aa: Lengthy land area for Sa’ee between Safa and Marwah.
- Meequat: Fixed places in all the 4 direction around Kaabah, from where it is wajib to put on Ehram.
The meeqat points include Dhul Hulayfah, 9 km from Madinah; Juhfah, 190 km to the northwest of Makkah; Qarn Al-Manazil, 90 km to the east of Makkah; Dhat Irq, 85 km northeast of Makkah; and Yalamlam, 50 km southeast of Makkah.
- Multazam: The space betwen Hajar-e-Aswad and Bab-e-Kaabah where it is sunnah to
make dua by embracing the wall of Kaabah.
- Sa’ee: To make 7 trips between 2 rocky mounts commencing from Safa and
terminating on Marwah.
- Tawaaf: To make 7 rounds around Kaabah.
- Zam-Zam: It is a well of Sacred Water now in Mataaf.
- Mataaf: Vast open ground around Kaabah for Tawaaf.Fi’amanillah.