UMRAH VISA INFORMATION
When can Muslins perform Umrah?
Umrah can be performed at any time of the year, in contrast to the Hajj. and what better time to perform an Umrah than in the holiest month of the Islamic year. A month where even the simplest of good deeds reap a manifold reward, an Umrah becomes an act of even greater significance.
Who can apply for Umrah visa?
One should apply for Umrah visa through an approved Umrah travel agent. Acepoint Travel is a UK independent travel agent based in Buckinghamshire with over 14 years experience. Fully governed licensed and ATOL bonded you can rest assured that your holiday and your money is in safe hands. We specialise in providing deluxe, budget and basic Umrah packages and excellent customer service.
Umrah Visa Requirements:
- A completely filled original visa application form. The statement written at the end of the form should be carefully read and signed. To obtain a visa application form by post, send a large, self-addressed envelope to your nearest Saudi Consulate or contact us at 01494-535 666. The Umrah Visa expires at the end of the Umrah program as mentioned on the Visa.
Note: If someone has a non-Muslim name, he or she should submit a certificate from a mosque or an Islamic center specifying that the applicant is a Muslim.
- One recent passport size color photograph with a white background should be attached to the application. The photograph must be a full-face view in which the applicant is facing the camera directly. Photographs with side or angled views are NOT accepted. Passports should be valid for minimum of 6 months from the date of submission of the application form.
- Confirmed and non-refundable flight ticket. Departure from Saudi Arabia should be within two weeks from the date of entry.
- A vaccination certificate against Meningococcal Meningitis should be attached. The certificate of vaccinations should have been issued not more than 3 years and not less than 10 days prior to entry to Saudi Arabia and it should be valid for 3 years. The vaccination certificate must be with the visa applicant on entry to Saudi Arabia.
Validity of Umrah Visa
Umrah visa is valid for two weeks. Within these two weeks you should perform Umrah, making sure your departure from Saudi Arabia is within two weeks of the date of entry.
Note: The visa for Umrah in Ramadan cannot overshoot the last day of Ramadan. You should leave Saudi Arabia by the end of Ramadan and cannot have Eid-ul-Fitr there.
Do you have to pay for Umrah Visas?
The Umrah Visa is a free of charge and it expires at the end of the Umrah program as mentioned on the Visa but they will still have to pay for services they get in Saudi Arabia.
General Guidelines for Umrah Pilgrims:
- Travelers must carry vaccination certificates with them for inspection by the Saudi Authority at port of entry.
- No food products are allowed into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Pilgrims will be authorized to visit any city besides the Holy Sites, if they request permission from the Authorized Saudi Passport Offices.
- Umrah pilgrims should not overstay their visas.